Zyatkivtsi Jewish Cemetery
Given the oldes preserved tombstone is dated 1915, it can be inferred the cemetery was already in use by the early 20th century. It can be found marked on a Military Topographic map of Russia from 1923.
There is not much information on the Jewish community of Zyatkivtsi. Jews were first mentioned in the 17th century. The Jewish community suffered during the Haidamak Uprising. According to the census of 1847, 398 Jews lived in the town. By the next census it had fallen slightly to 348 Jews, which was 12.3% of the town’s population. At the end of the 19th century, a synagogue operated in Zyatkivtsi. The Jewish community greatly suffered during the pogroms in the early 20th century. The gang of Ataman Volynets killed 15 Jews in 1919.
In 1939, 217 Jews lived there.
There is no information on the modern Jewish community of Zyatkivtsi.
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. The cemetery is marked on the Military topographic map of Russia of 1923. The earliest gravestone found dates to 1915. Supposedly, it was founded in the second half of the XIX century. The newest gravestone dates to 1925. There are 8 gravestones without inscriptions, and two with inscriptions. Nowadays there is a garden on the cemetery territory. The cemetery is on private land.