Zhydachiv Jewish Cemetery
Information on the cemetery’s establishment is not known, but it was marked on a map from the mid-19th century. It can be supposed that the cemetery was partly demolished after WWII.
The first records about the Jewish population relate to the mid-15th century. By 1538, nine Jewish families resided in Zhydachiv. In the 18th century, the Jewish community became independent. It already had a wooden synagogue and a cemetery. In the early 19th century, a Hasidic dynasty was founded in Zhydachiv. By 1880, the Jewish population numbered 700 (28.8% of the total population) and grew to 892 (23% of the total population) in 1910. Since the foundation of “Tikvat Tzion” in 1907, the Zionist movement was active in Zhydachiv. The movement was widespread in the interwar period. In 1921, the Jewish population declined to 823 (21.5% of the total population). The Wehrmacht troops occupied Zhydachiv on July 3, 1941. Some Jews were sent to the Belzec death camp on September 5, 1941. By the late September 1942, the last remaining Jews were deported to the Stryy ghetto.