Zarozhany Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is located adjacent to the gas station at 80, Holovna Street.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery
General site condition
Unfenced Jewish cemetery
Number of existing gravestones
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. Presumably, the Jewish Cemetery was established at the beginning of the 19th century. According to epigraphic data, it already existed in the 1820s. The cemetery was operating until WWII, the latest preserved gravestone relates to 1929.
Little is known about the Jewish community in Zarozhany. In 1930, 90 Jews were inhabitants of the village. In July 1941, 15 Jews were murdered. The remnants were deported to Transnistria. On July 6, 1941, the German-Romanian troops captured the village. The village was liberated on March 29, 1944.