Vradiyivka Jewish Cemetery
To reach the cemetery, proceed 330 metres from the house on 72, Dashi Dyachenko Street, to the south-west. The cemetery is located on the left side of the road, 50 metres away.
276 metres. A shallow moat delineates the cemetery borders.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Unfenced Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The cemetery is abandoned and severely overgrown. Some parts of the cemetery seem to be used for cattle grazing.
Number of existing gravestones
18. Clearing the cemetery may reveal more tombstones. Some gravestones do not have preserved inscriptions. Most of the gravestones date to the post-WWII period. Their inscriptions are mainly in Russian, though some of the pre-WWII period have Hebrew inscriptions.
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Preserved construction on site
The Vradiyivka Jewish cemetery already existed in 1912, as epigraphic data shows. It is marked on a Russian map of 1941 as a Jewish cemetery. It has both pre-WWII and post-WWII tombstones and was in use at least until 1962.
There is almost no information available on Jewish community of Vradiyivka. In the mid-19th century, a Jewish school existed there. In 1939, the community counted 481 individuals. During WWII, a ghetto existed in Vradiyivka. Most Jews were killed before September 1943. Judging by gravestone dating, a Jewish population existed in Vradiyivka at least until 1962.