Viazivka Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery establishment is unknown. It emerged no later than the first half of the 20th century, as the oldest preserved tombstone dates to 1929. It is marked on a map from the 1900’s.
The Jewish community in Viazivka (Ukr. В’язівка, Rus. Вязовка, Yid. וויאַזאָווקע) emerged in the 19th century. There were about 300 Jews, which was 30% of the total population, in Viazivka in 1870. As of 1885, the community maintained a synagogue and a prayer house. The Jewish population had declined to 239 in 1897 and to 165 in 1926. A Zionist group (HeHalutz) operated in 1924. In 1941, the Germans murdered the few Jews who had not managed to evacuate.
It is not known precisely when the cemetery was founded. It is marked on maps from around 1900. The earliest identifiable date on a tombstone is 1929. It is not known when or why the monument to Soviet soldiers was placed in the cemetery.