Velyka Mykhaylivka Jewish Cemetery
Presumably the cemetery had already been operating from the late 19th and early 20th century. It is not marked on maps. According to neighbours, there were more tombstones some decades ago. Most probably the tombstones have been taken by locals.
There is not much information available about the Jewish community of Velyka Mykhailivka. In 1897, the Jewish population numbered 1,201 (58% of the total population). In 1867, a synagogue was operating. On May 20, 1919, the detachments of ataman N.A. Grigoriev staged a massacre in the village. In the 1920s, the elementary school and a Soviet rural council were functioning. In 1939, 522 Jews lived in the town. The Wehrmacht occupied Velyka Mykhailivka on August 7, 1941 and, during five days, Nazis murdered 124 Jews at the cemetery.