Vchorayshe Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. It was established no later than the early 20th century, as the earliest preserved tombstone dates to 1906. It is marked on the Red Army map of 1941.
Jews first settled in Vchorayshe (Ukr. Вчорайше, Rus. Вчерайше, Yid. טשעראַשניע) in the early 19th century. As of 1885, the Jewish community maintained a prayer house. The Jewish population was 1,108 (33% of the town) in 1897. In the interwar period, many Jews moved to larger cities. There were 494 Jews (13%) in Vchorayshe in 1939. Some Jews were able to flee the advancing German army in 1941. The Jews who had failed to evacuate were confined in a ghetto. Around 300 Jews were murdered in Vchorayshe in 1941-43.
The exact date of the establishment of the cemetery is unknown, however the earliest tombstone dates back to 1906. The marker on the mass grave of 35 Holocaust victims was placed in 1998.