Ulashkivtsi Old Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. Presumably, the cemetery was established in the 18th century. Now there are no visible traces of the cemetery and its boundaries.
The Jewish community existed in Ulashkivtsi since the 19th century. In 1900, 489 Jews (21,4% of the total population) resided in the town. In the early 20th century, a school was created with the support of Baron Hirsch, and a Hebrew supplementary school of the Safa Berurah movement were opened. The Zionist movement had clout in the Hassidic town, and a memorial for B. Z. Herzl, which was erected in the synagogue in 1906, confirms it. In 1911, a Mizrachi Zionist group functioned. The Jewish population declined to 138 people (0,6% of the total population) in 1921. In the 1930s, a Tarbut Hebrew school operated. By the same time, the anti-semitic mood was spread among the local population. In June 1941, a pogrom staged by the local Ukrainians claimed the lives of 68 Jews, their property was pillaged. The Jews who survived the pogrom fled to Chortkiv and other adjoining localities.