Trudoliubivka Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. Given the historical information about the Jewish colony which existed in the late 19th – early 20th century, it can be gathered that the cemetery also operated in that era.
Jewish Colony Number 5 in Trudoliubovka (Ukr. Трудолюбівка, Rus. Трудолюбовка, Yid. טרודאָלובאָווקע) was founded by Jews from the Kovno Governorate in 1848. It was also informally known as Leingel or Engels after the German farmer Engel, who lived in the colony in the early days. The colony was looted during the pogroms of May 1881. Trudoliubovka had a Jewish population of 496 (88% of the total population) in 1897. The community maintained a synagogue and a school was opened in 1903. In 1919, the colony was destroyed in one of the most brutal Civil War pogroms. All 175 men of the colony were murdered, most burned alive. The colony was never restored and the land was ploughed over.
It is not known exactly when the cemetery was founded. It was abandoned after the destruction of the colony.