Strabychovo Jewish Cemetery
24, Borkanyuka Street. The cemetery is located on the opposite side of the road.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
The cemetery is surrounded by an old metal mesh fence
Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The cemetery is cleared of vegetation. The fence requires replacement.
Number of existing gravestones
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
Presumably, the Jewish cemetery in Strabychovo was established in the 19th century. According to epigraphic data, it already existed in 1896. Nowadays the latest preserved gravestone dates to 1944.
Jews are believed to have arrived in the Strabychovo area in the mid-18th century. In 1877, there were 72 Jews living in the town. In 1921, during the Czechoslovakian period, the Jewish population increased to 181 individuals from a total population of 1852 inhabitants. In 1930, the town’s Jewish population numbered 185 individuals. Most of the town’s Jews were murdered during Holocaust period. No Jews live in the town today.