Stobykhva Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery can be found 350 metres north of 16 Tsentral'na Street, in the direction of the wooded area.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Demolished Jewish cemetery that has not been built over
General site condition
The cemetery site is in a derelict wooded area.
Number of existing gravestones
No tombstones preserved. Locals believe the tombstones were stolen for use as construction materials.
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
There is no information on when the cemetery was founded, but it was functioning in the 19th century. It appears on Russian maps of the 1880s. The cemetery has been demolished and no visible traces of it remain.
Little is known about the Jewish community of Stobykhva. In 1897, the Jewish population numbered 492. During WWI, more than 100 Jews left the village.