Snitivka Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is located, adjacent to the Christian cemetery on Tsentral'na Street.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
There are the remnants of a stone wall on the side of the street.
Unfenced Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The cemetery is severely overgrown. It requires clearing and fencing.
Number of existing gravestones
3. Vegetation on the site does not allow to establish the exact number of gravestones.
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. Presumably, it was established in the 19th century when the Jewish community emerged. The cemetery was operated until WWII.
In 1847, 98 Jews were inhabitants resided here and, by 1897, the figure had stood at 231 (16% of the total population). In the late 19th-early 20th century, a synagogue operated here. A few stalls, three water mills and distillery functioned. In July 1941, the German troops occupied the town. The Jewish community of Snitivka was liquidated in 1942with Jews from other localities of the Letychiv region.