Skvyra Old Jewish Cemetery
32 Dzerzhyns’koho Street.
The total perimeter is 750 metres, about 20 metres of which is fenced.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
A small section of the cemetery is surrounded by a 1.7 metre high fence, next to the ohel.
Demolished and overbuilt Jewish cemetery
General site condition
A brick factory has been built over the upper section of the cemetery. The ohel can be found in the lower section. The majority of the cemetery, which is unfenced, is ruined and severely overgrown with trees, vegetation, and tall grass.
Number of existing gravestones
No tombstones preserved
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
There is an ohel dedicated to one Yitzhak of Skvyra, son of Mordecai, as well as his two sons, which was rebuilt in the 2000s.
The exact period of the cemetery’s construction is unknown. According to epigraphic data gathered in 2018, the site contained two tombstones, dated from 1895. However, in 2019 the ESJF survey team were inable to locate any preserved tombstones. The cemetery is marked on an old Russian map of the region.