Skelivka Old Jewish Cemetery
Information on the cemetery’s establishment is unknown, but it was marked on maps from the early 20th century. It can be supposed that it was vandalised during WWII and demolished during the Soviet era.
The Jews began to settle down in Skelivka in the early 17th century. In 1880, 590 Jews were inhabitants of the village. The Jews of Skelivka were involved in trading and crafting. The local community became independent in the late 18th – early 19th century. In the early 19th century, Aharon Itzhak (died in 1860) served as a rabbi. At the turn of the 19th century, the Jewish population reached its peak of 690 (51,9% of the total population). In the interwar period, the economic condition of the Jewish community declined. In the summer of 1942, most of the local Jewish population was expelled to the Belzec death camp through the Sambir ghetto.