Simer Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is located behind the garden of the house 12, Lesi Ukrayinky Street.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Unfenced Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The cemetery territory is clean. It is surrounded by private territory and well-maintained.
Number of existing gravestones
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
Presumably, the Jewish Cemetery in Simer was established in the 19th century. According to epigraphic data, it already existed in 1891. The cemetery was used presumably until WWII, although the latest preserved gravestone dates to 1937.
Jews are believed to have arrived in the area of Simer in the early 19th century. In 1827 there were 16 Jews living in the village. The Jewish population was killed during WWII. No Jews live in the town today.