Shostka Jewish Section on Municipal Cemetery
On the corner of Voronez'ka Street and Ushakova Street.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery
General site condition
Jewish section within municipal cemetery. The Jewish section is clear and well-maintained. The gravestones are oriented in the opposite direction of those in the Christian section. The section also includes a number of Christian graves, facing the same way as the Jewish graves. Neither the Jewish section nor the cemetery as a whole is fenced.
Number of existing gravestones
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
2019 (still operational).
Urgency of erecting a fence
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
The cemetery was established in 1854 on land belonging to the Shostka powder factory, and closed by the factory in 1888. It was marked on a cadastral map in 1897. The cemetery was demolished during the Soviet era. Today, no visible traces of the cemetery or its boundaries remain.