Sharivka Jewish Cemetery
To reach the cemetery site, proceed for about 750 metres along the Volchok river from the Church of the Ascension.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Unfenced Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The cemetery is well-maintained. There are dozens of gravestones' fragments on the site. There is a memorial made out of gravestones' fragments.
Number of existing gravestones
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
There is a memorial without inscription on the site, erected in 2019. It is shaped like a menorah and star.
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. The oldest preserved gravestone relates to the mid-19th century, so it can be assumed that the cemetery emerged during that period. First, it appears on a Russian map of 1907. Later it was marked on a Polish map of 1939.
Jews are known from the 16th century. In 1765, the Jewish population was 114 and swelled to 581 in 1897. 647 Jews resided in Sharivka in 1926 during the Soviet time. On July 8, 1941, the Germans occupied the town. During the occupation, the Jews were forced to work in a kolkhoz. In October 1941, the Jews of Sharivka were shot.