Sap Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is located north of the first house on Dózsa György Street.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Demolished Jewish cemetery that has not been built over
General site condition
The cemetery has been demolished, in its place acacia trees were planted. Nearby there is a radio transmission tower.
Number of existing gravestones
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Preserved construction on site
The Jewish cemetery of Sáp was established as early as 1870, since it appears on the cadastral map of that year. The cemetery was demolished at an unknown time.
The first information concerning Jews in Sáp is from 1795, when Bárány Márton was born. In 1848, there were 29 Jews living in the village (6 families). Most vital records about the community exist from 1877.