Ruske Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is located on the southern outskirts of Rus'ke. Turn left at the M06 highway, taking the eastern entrance into Rakoshyno village near the house on 1a, Yevropeiska Street (formerly Lenina Street). Proceed for 300 metres. Turn left after the bridge, walk along the path for 530 metres along the canal. The cemetery is to the right of the path.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
The cemetery is surrounded by a concrete fence, constructed by ESJF in 2015.
Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The cemetery is cleared of vegetation.
Number of existing gravestones
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
Presumably, the Jewish Cemetery in Rus`ke was established in the 19th century. According to epigraphic data, it already existed in 1847. The cemetery is depicted on a cadastral map of 1865. The cemetery was used until WWII, and the latest preserved gravestone date to 1940.The cemetery was also used by the neighbouring Jewish community of Stare Davydkovo.
Jews are believed to have arrived in the area of Rus`ke in the 19th century. In 1930, there were 55 Jews living in the town, from a total population of 897 inhabitants. Many of the town’s Jews were murdered during Holocaust period. No Jews live in the town today.