Roztoky Jewish Cemetery
To reach the cemetery, enter the village from the direction of Vyzhnytsia. Turn right and proceed uphill for 50 meters. The cemetery site is located on the top of the hill.
It is impossible to determine the perimeter.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Demolished and overbuilt Jewish cemetery
General site condition
There is a fenced mass grave on the site.
Number of existing gravestones
No tombstones preserved
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. Presumably, the cemetery was operating until WWII and was demolished later.
Jews are present from the late 19th century. In 1910, the Jewish population consisted of 200 people (9% of the total). In the 20th century, Jews earned their living in craft sand trade. Many Jews fled to Russia at the beginning of WWII. On June 25, 1941, 320 Jews were murdered. According to other information, 50 Jews were murdered, and the remnants of the Jewish community were deported to Transnistria.