Rayhorod Jewish Cemetery
According to the Commission on the Preservation of Jewish Heritage, the cemetery was established in the latter half of the 18th century.
There is not much information on the Jewish community of Rayhorod. In 1765, there were 211 Jewish residents. According to the census of 1897, the Jewish community numbered 995 people, out of the total of 2,240.
The community survived a pogrom on May 20th 1919 and by 1926 there were 497 Jewish residents.
Rayhorod was occupied on July 22nd 1941, and a ghetto was established. In August, 106 Jews were murdered.
There was a labour camp, in which there were mainly Jews from Tepliyk, they were executed later.
There is no information on the modern Jewish community of Rayhorod.
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. According to the Commission on the Preservation of Jewish Heritage, the cemetery was established in the second half of the 18th century. The cemetery could not be found marked on old maps of the region. The earliest found gravestone dates to 1905, the most recent gravestones dates to 1975. There are around 100 gravestones, they are mostly underground. The cemetery is abandoned, its land is used for cattle grazing.