Rashkiv Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is located behind the house at 20, Dnistrianska Street.
It is impossible to determine the perimeter.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Demolished Jewish cemetery that has not been built over
General site condition
The cemetery site is located in the forest.
Number of existing gravestones
No tombstones preserved
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Preserved construction on site
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. Presumably, the cemetery was operating until WWII and was demolished in the 1960s-70s.
Jews are known from the early 18th century. In 1790, the Jewish community numbered 634 people. Rabbi Shabbetai set up a Hasidic dynasty in the 19th century. The Jewish population grew to 3,201 (54,9% of the total population). A Talmud-Torah and two shools for girls functioned in 1910. In 1918, the Jewish community of Rashkiv suffered a pogrom. Under the Soviet regime, a Jewish kolkhoz was established. The Jewish population declined to 2,031 in 1926. The German-Romanian troops captured Rashkiv in July 1941. More than 100 Jews were executed during the occupation.