Rapolt Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish section is within the municipal cemetery at the southern end of Temető köz, (eng. Cemetery Alley).
The perimeter is approximately 40 metres.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
General site condition
The Jewish section is looked after along with the municipal cemetery. The grass is mown. It is located next to a fenced agricultural field.
Number of existing gravestones
2 broken gravestones and 1 grave foundation were found.
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
The Jewish cemetery of Rápolt was established as early as 1894, since it appears on the cadastral map of that year. The only legible tombstone of the two that were found in the cemetery dates to 1905. The cemetery is now part of the municipal cemetery.
According to census data, 20 Jews lived in Rápolt in 1840, which was the peak of the Jewish population in the village. Over the course of the subsequent decades, the Jewish population was as follows: 11 in 1880, 2 in 1910, 6 in 1920, 9 in 1930, and 5 in 1941. According to the Yad Vashem database, 2 Jews from Rápolt were murdered in the Holocaust.