Radekhiv Jewish Cemetery
Information on the cemetery’s establishment is unknown, but it was marked on a map from the mid-19th century. Presumably, the cemetery was operating until WWII and was demolished and built over afterwards.
The Jews were present in Radekhiv from the mid-18th century onwards. In 1765, 206 Jews were living here. In the late 18th century, the Jewish community built a synagogue. In 1880, the Jewish population numbered 799 (23% of the total population), which had increased to 1,867 people (49% of the total population) by 1890. In the late 19th century, a Hasidic court, founded by Naftali-Zvi Rubin (1848–1900), had its seat in Radekhiv. In the early 20th century, several synagogues were operational. The streams of Belz and Gusiatin Hasidim were dominant. In 1900, the Jewish population numbered 1,737 (44% of the total population). In 1918, the Zionist association “Kadima” was established, which opened a library and a drama club. By 1921, the Jewish population had grown to 1,977 (45% of the total population). In the early 1920s, a Hebrew Tarbut school was active. In 1941, ca. 2,100 Jews were living in the town. Radekhiv was occupied by the Nazis on June 24, 1941. In late June 1941, about 500 Jews moved to Radekhiv from Kholoev (presently known as Nodal), because of its bombing. In April and September 1942, Jews from the neighbouring villages were deported to Radekhiv. On September 15, 1942, around 1,400 Jews were deported to the extermination camp Belzec.