Pryyutne Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. According to locals, the cemetery operated up to and within the Soviet period. The period of the demolishing of the cemetery is also unknown. It cannot be found marked on old maps of the region.
Jewish Colony Number 8 in Pryyutne (Ukr. Приютне, Rus. Приютное) was founded in 1848 by Jews from the Vitebsk Governorate in present-day Belarus. Pryyutne had a total population of 616 in 1858, but only 292 in 1897. Most residents were Jewish. The community maintained a synagogue and a cheder. During the Civil War of 1918–21, many Jews were killed in pogroms. In the 1920’s, new settlers arrived from Podolia and collective farms were established. Pryyutne was the seat of the local village council and there was a Jewish elementary school. In 1939, 66 Jews lived in Pryyutne. During the German occupation, 19 Jews were shot by the Ukrainian police in February 1942.
It is not known when exactly the cemetery was founded or when it was demolished. According to a local resident, it still existed after WWII.