Ozyutychi Jewish Cemetery
The period of the cemetery’s establishment dates back to the late 17th and early 18th century. It appears on Russian maps from the 1880s. The cemetery was destroyed during or after WWII. Today, the site is overgrown and the ruins of an unspecified building can be found on the cemetery’s territory.
Jews began settling Ozyutychi in the mid-17th century. In 1847, 160 Jews were residing here. By the late 19th century, a synagogue and beit-midrash had been built. At that time, the entire population of the town was Jewish, counting 701 individuals. During WWI, many Jews fled from Ozyutychi, but by 1921, the Jewish population had increased to 739 (73% of the total population). In 1927, a Hebrew Tarbut school was opened, and various Zionist youth organizations such as “Zukunft” were operating in the town. On June 26, 1941, the Wehrmacht occupied Ozyutychi and shot 100 Jews. In 1942, all Jews were deported to the ghetto of Kysylyn, where they were executed on August 16, 1942.