Ozalj Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery existed until 1941 on a private land and was registered in 1947. After World War II, there were no more Jews in the town. The cemetery fell into neglect and became overgrown with dense forest. There were only 10 graves there in 2019. The oldest tombstone in the cemetery dates to 1890 and the latest to 1901.
Ozalj is a town in central Croatia on the Kupa River, located north of Karlovac. It was founded in the 13th century and was first mentioned in 1244 as a free royal town. The town was known because of its castle built in 1278 and rebuilt into a palace in the 18th century. There were 145 people living in the town in 1910. Germans, Serbs, and Croats lived in Ozalj at that time. The Jewish population accounted for 12 people at the beginning of the 20th century. We do not know anything about the Jewish community of Ozalj.