Orikhiv Jewish Cemetery
According to KSEN, the oldest gravestone dated to 1962, the newest one to 1990. The territory of the cemtery was almost completely destroyed by a bulldozer in the period 1986-1992. The testimonies of the locals confirmed this. It cannot be found on maps of the region.
Orikhiv (Ukr. Оріхів, Rus. Орехов, Yid. אָרכעוו) had a Jewish presence from the very beginning of its history: Orikhiv received town status in 1801, the same year a cheder was opened. The community suffered from the pogroms of May 1881. There were 971 Jews (16% of the total population) in Orikhiv in 1897. The community maintained a synagogue, two cemeteries, and Jewish schools. During the Civil War, Jews were attacked in a pogrom in 1919. In 1939, Orikhiv had a Jewish population of 358 (4% of the total population). Some of the Jews were able to evacuate before the German arrived in October 1941. Most of the remaining Jews were killed at the beginning of 1942. According to the 2001 census, there were 10 Jews in Orikhiv and the neighbouring areas.
It is not known when the cemetery was founded. It was demolished between 1986–92. According to a local resident, there used to be another Jewish cemetery behind the SPD Petrov plant. That cemetery appears to have been demolished in the 1990’s.