Olcsva Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery is located behind the municipal cemetery.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Unfenced Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The territory is overgrown and not taken care of.
Number of existing gravestones
13 gravestones: 10 intact and 3 broken.
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Preserved construction on site
The Jewish cemetery of Olcsva was established as early as 1890, since the oldest tombstone found in the cemetery dates to that year. The cemetery remained in operation until at least 1943, the year in which the latest tombstone was erected. The cemetery has not been fenced.
Jews settled in Olcsva around 1840. In that year, 6 Jews lived in the village, later increasing to 96 by 1910. The Jewish population later declined and by 1941, merely 29 Jews remained in the village.