Nyzhnyodniprovsk (Now Part of Dnipro city) Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s esablishment and demolishing is unknown. A chevra kadisha operated at the site of the Jewish cemetery.
There is not much information on the Jewish community of Nyzhnyodniprovs’k. Jews first settled there in the latter half of the 19th century. The first synagogue was opened in 1890. According to the census of 1897, the Jewish population of Nyzhnyodniprovs’k numbered 1,235 people, which was 20.4% of the total population.
From 1899 and during WWI the rabbi was N.T. Berenshtein. By 1910, there were three synagogues, a Talmud Torah, a welfare society, a library and two cemeteries. In 1910, there were 3,360 Jewish residents (9.2%).
In the 1920s-1930s, there was a Jewish drama circle. In 1936 there was a Jewish elementary school. By 1939, the Jewish population numbered 3,323, out of the total population of 49,419.
Nyzhnyodniprovs’k was occupied in August 1941. Those who did not escape were murdered.
Nowadays Nyzhnyodniprovs’k is part of Dnipro city.
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. A chevra kadisha operated on the site of the cemetery. The cemetery was demolished and there are no gravestones left. The territory of the cemetery has been overbuilt with a park. The exact period of the cemetery’s demolishing is also unknown.