Nyirtet Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish section is located within the municipal cemetery, on Kossuth Lajos Street .
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
General site condition
The Jewish cemetery is much smaller than it is marked on the cadastral map. Only a few rows of graves remain, near to the fence. The other part of the section was demolished and has been taken over by the municipal cemetery.
Number of existing gravestones
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Preserved construction on site
The Jewish cemetery of Nyírtét was established as early as 1865, since the oldest tombstone found in the cemetery dates to that year. The latest tombstone was erected in 1920. The cemetery is currently part of the municipal cemetery.
In 1840, the Jewish population in Nyírtét was 25, and peaked at 69 in 1880. By 1941, the Jewish population decreased to 18.