Nowy Dwor Jewish Cemetery
The first records of Jews in Nowy Dwór date back to 1540. In 1558, there was a synagogue in the town. In the 17th century, the local kehilla (independent Jewish council or congregation)
was subordinate to the Jewish community in Grodno. In 1807, 117 Jews lived in Nowy Dwór, around 1878 there were 897 Jews. In 1921, there were 1,027 Jews (68%). Most of them were killed by the Germans during World War II.
The Jewish cemetery in Nowy Dwór is located about 850 northeast of the town center on the northern side of the road leading to the Polish-Belarusian border. It is surrounded by arable fields and covers local plot no. 331 which shaped like a rectangle. The cemetery has an area of 0.43 hectares. The cemetery was established in 1561. The destruction process probably began during the Second World War. According to unverified data, the authorities decided to close the cemetery in 1957. As a result of the destruction, only a stone and concrete fragment of the fence or gate have remained. The boundaries are only visible probably because the cemetery is located on high ground. The cemetery is overgrown with grass. There are shrubs and trees. There is no fence or any form of commemoration. The owner of the cemetery is the Foundation for the Preservation of Jewish Heritage. The facility is listed in the Municipal and Provincial Register of Monuments.