Milota Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery of Milota was established as early as 1895, since it appears on the cadastral map of that year. It was demolished at an unknown time. Most of the cemetery’s territory is now overtaken by Christian graves from the adjacent local cemetery.
According to census data, 19 Jews lived in Milota in 1840. In 1880, of the town’s total population of 702, 24 people were Jews. From 1885, the Jewish community of Milota came under the jurisdiction of the Fehérgyarmat Jewish community. 40 Jews lived in the town in 1910, 17 in 1920, and 8 in 1930. In 1944, merely 2 Jewish families remained in the village. The only Jew who survived emigrated to South America before the Holocaust. By 1945, there were no more Jews in Milota. According to the Yad Vashem database, about 10 Jews from Milota were murdered in the Holocaust.