Magy Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery is located next to the municipal cemetery, on Kossuth Lajos Street.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
There is a concrete fence, about 2 metres high.
Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The cemetery is heavily overgrown.
Number of existing gravestones
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
The Jewish cemetery of Magy was established as early as 1860, which is the date marked on the oldest tombstone found in the cemetery. The latest tombstone found in the cemetery dates to 1934, suggesting the cemetery remained in operation until at least that year.
There were 28 Jewish residents in the village of Magy in 1836. Over the subsequent decades, the Jewish population was as follows: 42 in 1848; 38 in 1870; 25 in 1880; 32 in 1900; 40 in 1940; 26 in 1920; 22 in 1930; and 31 in 1941. By 1949, no Jews were left in the settlement.