Lyubashivka Old Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery of Lyubashivka was founded in 1830. The cemetery was demolished in the first part of the 20th century. Supposedly, it was overbuilt after WWII. The editorial office of “Hliborob” newspaper was established on the cemetery’s territory.
In 1868, around 180 Jews (26% of the total population) lived in Lyubashivka. During the early 20th century, about 200 Jewish families were residing here. Rabbi Shmuel-Zeev Shechter (1875–?) served in Lyubashivka during the late 19th and early 20th century. In 1919, detachments of the Volunteer Army carried out a pogrom, which some Jews escaped by fleeing to Ivanovka. After the pogrom, 50 to 60 Jewish families remained in Lyubashivka. In 1939, the Jewish population numbered 671 individuals. In summer of 1941, the Wehrmacht occupied the town, and a ghetto was created. In September 1941, about 350 Jews were executed.