Lubny Jewish Cemetery
The preserved section of the cemetery can be found opposite 14 Kalnyshevs’koho Street.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Unfenced Jewish cemetery
General site condition
A part of the cemetery was demolished and built over with private houses. The preserved section of the cemetery (the North-East corner) was converted into a public park, in which all the preserved tombstones are now located. Disinterred human bones were found on the site. Fencing is required.
Number of existing gravestones
About 15. Almost all the tombstones were thrown by locals into a ravine and filled with land for construction.
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Preserved construction on site
There is memorial dedicated to the demolished Jewish cemetery of Lubny.
The exact period of the cemetery’s foundation is unknown. However, according to locals, the cemetery already existed in the 19th century. Locals say that once the cemetery occupied 4-5 hectares, and began to be began to be gradually demolished and overbuilt with private houses in 1920s. The cemetery is marked on the RKKA topographic map of 1941 with a perimeter slight larger than the preserved part today. The oldest preserved tombstone dates to the early 20th century. During the last decade, the remainder of the site was cleared by local authorities and used as a public park.