Lisne Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is located in the northwest of the village. Starting at the intersection of Korol’ova Street and Myru Street, proceed west for 400 metres. The cemetery site can be found at the end of the road, between Staromanzyrsʹkyy Zakaznyk and the lake.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Demolished Jewish cemetery that has not been built over
General site condition
Demolished Jewish cemetery that has not been built over. The cemetery site is derelict. The area used to include a clay quarry for the production of bricks.
Number of existing gravestones
No tombstones preserved
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Preserved construction on site
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. It could not be found marked on old maps of the region. According to locals, the cemetery was demolished in the first half of the 20th century, prior to WWII. Today, no visible traces of the cemetery or its boundaries remain. There is not much information on the Jewish community of Lisne. In 1897, the Jewish population numbered 310 (29% of the total population), decreasing to 193 (10% of the total population) by 1930. In the mid-19th century, the pharmacy in Lisne was owned by members of the Jewish community. The Wehrmacht occupied the village in August 1941. In October of same year, the Jewish community was deported to Tarutino and Transnistria.