Levkiv Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. According to the Commission on the Preservation of Jewish Heritage, the fence of the cemetery was demolished during WWII, along with the service buildings and the majority of the tombstones, for building purposes. Part of the area was used for vegetable gardens. As such it can be assumed that the cemetery emerged and operated no later than during the pre-war period.
The Jewish community of Levkiv (Ukr. Левків, Rus. Левков, Yid. לעווקעוו) numbered about 240 in 1870, which was 22% of 1117 total population. As of 1885, the Jewish community maintained a prayer house. In 1923, there were 118 Jews in Levkiv.
It is unknown when the cemetery was founded. The fence, the buildings and most of the tombstones were demolished during WWII and the materials were reused for construction. Today only a few stones can still be seen, the inscriptions upon them are illegible.