Lambrivka Jewish Cemetery
31, Sadova Street.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
General site condition
Demolished Jewish cemetery that has not been built over. The southern section of the cemetery is used for private gardening, while the northern section is derelict. There was once a warehouse on the site which has since been demolished.
Number of existing gravestones
No tombstones preserved
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Preserved construction on site
Yes. There is still a beit-tahara on the cemetery site, but it is now used as a house.
According to the Lo Tishkakh, the cemetery was established in the first half of the 20th century. It could not be found marked on old maps of the region. The cemetery was demolished in the mid 20th century, and today no visible traces of the cemetery or its boundaries remain.
Little is known about the Jewish agricultural colony of Lambrivka. It was organised with the assistance of the American Joint Distribution Community (JDC) in the mid-1930s. In 1940, when the region was under Soviet rule, the colony was transformed into sovkhoz “Kommunary”. In 1941, the Soviets expelled nine Jews to Siberia. Eleven Jewish men were killed by the Soviet Army during WWII. During this period, what remained of the Jewish community left the village.