Ladyzhyn New Jewish Cemetery
Starting at the end of Mehanizatoriv Street, turn left towards the quarry and the Southern Buh River. The cemetery is located in the woods to the right of the road.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
General site condition
The cemetery is severely overgrown with dense vegetation
Number of existing gravestones
Approximately 100 (more tombstones may be obscured by the vegetation or partially submerged in the ground).
Date of oldest tombstone
1904 (the earliest tombstone found by ESJF).
Date of newest tombstone
1939 (the latest tombstone found by ESJF).
Urgency of erecting a fence
Preserved construction on site
The cemetery is marked by a KSEN expedition as the Old Jewish Cemetery of Ladyzhyn. However, the dates of the tombstones (which date from 1904 onwards) and the location (far from the town centre) suggest this is in fact the New Cemetery.
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. The cemetery could not be found marked on old maps of the region. The earliest tombstone found by ESJF dates to 1904. Supposedly, it was founded in the first half of the 19th century. There are around 100 gravestones on the site. The newest dates to 1939. A part of the cemetery is overbuilt.