Kylykyiv Jewish Cemetery

Cemetery Information

Site address
The cemetery is located adjacent to the house at 2, Haharina Street.
GPS coordinates
50.53671, 27.05503
Perimeter length
197 metres
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
There are remnants of a low metal fence, erected in the 1970s.
Preservation condition
Unfenced Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The cemetery is severely overgrown. It requires clearing and fencing. The site is polluted with waste.
Number of existing gravestones
22. Only one gravestone has a readable date.
Date of oldest tombstone
1930 (only dated gravestone found by ESJF expedition)
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Land ownership
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
Drone surveys

Historical overview

The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. Presumably, the Jewish cemetery was established at the beginning of the 19th century. According to epigraphic data, it already existed in the 1930s. First, it appears on a Russian map of the 1860s.

267 Jews were inhabitants of Kylykyiv in 1847. By 1897, the Jewish population had reached 576 (29,9% of the total). In 1923, the number of the Jewish population was 653 people. In 1914, all three grocery stores belonged to Jews. During the German occupation, the Jewish men were executed outside the village in the field in summer 1941, and women and children in winter 1942.

3D model