Kukeziv Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is located in a field on a small hill, 300 metres before the village entrance on the right side of the Lviv-Kyiv highway.
90 metres. The perimeter cannot be established.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Demolished Jewish cemetery that has not been built over
General site condition
The locals say that the gravestones were used in the Soviet Union for building the road to Moscow.
Number of existing gravestones
No tombstones preserved
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Preserved construction on site
Information on the cemetery’s establishment is not available. Presumably, it was operating until 1831. It can be supposed that it was demolished in the 1960s and later used as field.
The Karaites, who received the approval to do so by Jan Sobieski in 1692, settled in Kukeziv. In the 17th century, the Karaite writer Mordechai Kukizov lived here. After 1831, the Karaites moved to Galich. The Jews resided here in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The Nazi forces captured Kukeziv in summer 1941. In 1942, local Jews were deported to the ghetto in Novyy Yarychiv, where they were executed.