Kryukiv Old Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is located opposite 47, Verkhn’odniprovs’ka Street.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Demolished and overbuilt Jewish cemetery
General site condition
Demolished and overbuilt Jewish cemetery. The cemetery site is now occupied by private houses, blocks of flats, and industrial buildings.
Number of existing gravestones
No tombstones preserved
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Preserved construction on site
There is memorial close to the cemetery site (GPS coordinates: 49.03044, 33.43839 ) dedicated to the former cemetery and the students of a Rabbi Nachman from Bratslav buried therein (not named). The memorial was installed by the "ohalei tzadikim — gader avot" organisation.
The cemetery already existed in the mid 19th century, as it is marked on the Russian map of 1860s and probably on the city plan of 1875. On both maps the Jewish cemetery is marked on the eastern side of the railway, while the detailed map of 1939 shows the cemetery on the western side, as it is located by ESJF surveyors. An elder part of this cemetery could have been situated on the opposite, eastern side of the railway. Also it is possible that the railway route was changed between 1870s and 1930s. The cemetery was demolished in the 1960s.