Kruti Jewish Cemetery
Information on the cemetery’s establishment is unknown, but the earliest found gravestone dates from 1752. There are no post-war burials, which means that the Jewish community has not been re-established. The cemetery was partially destroyed either during WWII, or after.
The first mention of the Jewish community of Kruti, according to epigraphic data collected in 2018 by the ESJF, dates back to 1750. It is known that Jews lived in the town during the late 18th century. In 1849, the number of Jews residing in the town numbered 2,068. The Jewish population increased to 2,389 individuals (50% of the total population) by 1897. From 1910, a Talmud Tora was operating here. By 1914, five synagogues existed in Kruti. Two chemists, a warehouse for pharmacy goods, two forest warehouses, a hotel, a mill and 54 stalls were under Jewish ownership. In 1930, the Jewish population numbered around 1,800 (90% of the total population). The Jewish community of Kruti was exterminated during the Shoah.