Kinski Rozdory Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is located to the north-east of Kins`ki Rozdory. It was not possible to establish an exact perimeter. The site of the cemetery is now occupied by the modern road "Orekhovo-Polohy - Konskiye Razdory - Berdyansk" and also a small part of the school on Lenin Street.
It the cemetery has a entry gate, mark it on the map.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Demolished and overbuilt Jewish cemetery
General site condition
A road has been laid through the cemetery and a small school area is also built on the site. The school was built in 1973, but no trace of the cemetery has been found. Around 1994, skulls were found in the school park, which is by the road, buried in a specific order. However there were no tombstones. None of the locals knew about the cemetery or had seen tombstones. As such the perimeter was impossible to ascertain. We were guided by the location where the skulls were found.
Number of existing gravestones
No tombstones preserved.
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Preserved construction on site
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. The period of the cemetery’s demolishing is similarly unknown, but it was demolished before 1970, as a school building was constructed in 1973. It cannot be found marked on old maps of the region.
Little information is available about the Jewish community in Kins’ki Rozdory (Ukr. XXX, Rus. XXX). A synagogue is reported to have existed there in 1911. In 1939, however, there were only 5 Jews in the village. A few Jews were killed in Kins’ki Rozdory at the beginning of 1942.
It is not known when the cemetery was founded or demolished. The school that today occupies part of the cemetery’s site was built in 1973.