Kantorjanosi Jewish Cemetery Two
The cemetery is located along the unnamed road after the municipal cemetery, on the right hand side.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Demolished Jewish cemetery that has not been built over
General site condition
On the territory no graves were found. It is crossed by a dirt road. The site is overgrown. Ownership is unknown, but likely to be the municipality.
Number of existing gravestones
No tombstones preserved.
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Preserved construction on site
There used to be two Jewish cemeteries in Kántorjánosi. This cemetery was in use as early as 1893, since it appears on the cadastral map from that year. The cemetery was destroyed at an unknown time.
In 1840, the village had 31 Jewish inhabitants. In 1880, Jews accounted for 274 residents among the total population of 1,670. By 1910, the Jewish population decreased slightly to 224, and ten years later there were 245 Jewish residents. In 1941, of the village’s total population of 3,318, 159 were Jewish.