Jasienica Rosielna Jewish Cemetery
From the post office in turn left and proceed for 1km, until you find the cemetery on the left hand side.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Demolished Jewish cemetery that has not been built over
General site condition
There are two Holocaust memorials, one column and one gravestone.
Number of existing gravestones
No tombstones preserved. There were no tombstones, not even fragments found at the site.
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Preserved construction on site
The cemetery has been completely demolished, there are no signs of the former fence nor any tombstones at all.
The Jewish cemetery in Jasienica Rosielna was established in the mid-19th century. During World War II, the Germans completely devastated the cemetery.
In 1967, a commemorative stone slab with a memorial plaque was erected on the mass grave of Jews murdered by the Germans. In this place, on August 12th 1942, the Germans shot 624 Jews from Jasienica Rosielna, Domaradz and Golcowa.