Ibrany New Jewish Cemetery
There were two Jewish cemeteries in Ibrány, the newer of which does not appear on any cadastral maps from the 19th century, and the earliest found tombstone dates to 1917. The cemetery was active until at least 1944. The cemetery is currently fenced, and some gravestones were repaired. There are two cenotaphs for the victims of the Holocaust.
In 1880, the total population of the village of Ibrány was 2,847, including 201 Jews. A Jewish school was established in Ibrány at the initiative of Mór Bleuer. In 1893, the Ibrány Jewish community decided to build a synagogue. While they were unable to achieve this goal on their own, the Christian farmers of Ibrány helped by transporting rubble-stone and timber from Kemecse to the construction area. The building has since been demolished. In 1941, the total population of the village was 7,043, 232 of whom were Jews. In 1944, there were 214 Jews, including 33 of whom were taxpayers. The Jewish inhabitants of Ibrány were confined to the Nyíregyháza Ghetto from where they were deported to Auschwitz.