Husyatyn New Jewish Cemetery
4, Ternopilska Street.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Demolished and overbuilt Jewish cemetery
General site condition
Demolished and overbuilt Jewish cemetery.
Number of existing gravestones
There are no tombstones preserved on the site. Some tombstone fragments are preserved on the former collective farm “Communist” (now Chabarivka, 49.0807114 26.1408245), where they were used for construction. Moreover, some fragments of tombstones are laid near the Husyatyn synagogue.
Date of oldest tombstone
1810 (the oldest found by ESJF).
Date of newest tombstone
1917 (the earliest found by ESJF).
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
In the courtyard of the house there is tziyun of one Mordekhai Shraga Feibish Friedman (d. 1894), the first admor of the Husiatin dynasty, son of Israel of Ruzhin, and his son, Shalom Yosef Friedman (d. 1886), erected by "Ohalei Tzadikim". There is also a memorial sign marking the demolished cemetery.
The Jewish cemetery is marked on a map of Galicia and Bukovina from 1861-1864. 546 Jews were registered as living there in July 6th, 1941 . The Jewish cemetery was demolished after WWII in the 1950s-60s ans subsequently built over.