Hrhov Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish section is located on the municipal cemetery on Cintorinska Street.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
The cemetery as a whole is surrounded by a metal mesh fence. However, there is no internal fencing to demarcate the different sections.
General site condition
The municipal cemetery is still in use, but not the Jewish section. It is well-maintained. There are occasional visitors to the section, who have left black and white stones on most of the matzevot.
Number of existing gravestones
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is indeterminate. It is unknown which cemetery emerged first — the Jewish or the Christian. The site is now a Jewish section, which remained in use from the 1830s to the 1930s, within the municipal cemetery. The oldest preserved tombstone dates to 1831.